Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It's about Time



I believe I've lost my fashionista-ness.  Yes, that's a word. Have you see the movie You, Me and Dupree?
Carl Peterson: What's with this "Carlness?" It's not even a real word.
Dupree: Yes it is.
Carl Peterson: Oh, it is?
Dupree: It's a verb. It's a conjunction. A preposition. It's a philosophy. A way of life. It's your name with "ness" attached to it.

I've been busy with work and again, just pull something basic out to wear.  I've been in a fashion rut for awhile now. I commute by bike which means I can't really do something special with my hair- the helmet just wrecks it anyway- if I can even get the helmet on.   I can't ride in pencil skirts either.  Guess I could change when I got to work but then I use my bike to commute to meetings downtown and outside of town.  Oh the problems with being fit and healthy :)  I've also been spending my money on new running clothing and new shoes etc vs going to thrift stores and watching sales.  I think I realized I already have more clothes than I really need so I just need to get creative with the ones I've got.

Anyway, thats my rant today.  Happy Earth Day on another note :)  I went for a fantastic train run with a friend afterwork.  What did you do to celebrate Earth Day?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jodi. I hear ya. We have fashion aspirations but live in the real-world, where helmets ruin our hair and other interests crowd out our time for shopping. Really, I hear you.

    Instead of viewing fashion as a main-course and feeling bad that we can't eat them as often as we'd like, how about viewing fashion as fun appetizers to snack on occasionally? Then we can savor each bite and be happy whenever we get the chance to dine on them. That's what I do, anyway.

    Advice from a fellow failing fashionista.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what I needed to hear-- its like giving ourselves permission :) I guess I could post other things on my blog as well as outfit photos so I'm on here regularly. I miss everyone when I'm busy and not blogging very much!!

    ReplyDelete