Monday, April 28, 2014

Black Red White

At the risk of sounding like I am full of sh*t I am going to share with you what I did this weekend anyway. Partly because I am still trying to believe it myself. That I am now at this level of fitness is so exciting and baffling at the same time.

On Saturday I rode my bike 180km immediately followed by a 22km run.  Had a shower, ate some Pad Thai, visited with my teammates and went to bed. On Sunday I rode back home 180km.  This morning (Monday) I then ran another 22 km before work.  I  then rode my bike downtown and back to my office twice (for 2 separate meetings).  My legs are a little sore now.  I have actually built up to this kind of training and if anyone ever would have told me I could do this I would have laughed in their face.  Anyway- I also SHOULD be at this level at this time of the season given the races I'm training for. I will be doing several ultra races this year so I'm beginning to feel more and more confident that I can actually accomplish this.

Anyway, I wore flat shoes to give my feet a nice cushy break from tight fitting heels :)

2 comments:

  1. You don't sound full of it, you sound awesome! Good for you, Jodi!!!! You are an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! Your achievements amaze me. And, on top of them, you look good, too!

    ReplyDelete