Sunday, September 15, 2013

Riding in the Desert


I just spent a week cycling in Nevada. It was hot, muggy and heavenly!!

Lake Mead is fantastic for riding. Long stretches of road with little to no traffic. Absolutely gorgeous scenery too, so different from the west coast of BC.
I rode 90 km on my first ride.  Went through lots of water.
Lots of cool cactus along the roadside.
In total I road about 300 km while there. Ran a few times and swam every second morning at the Multi-gen centre. They have an outdoor pool which is awesome!!
The friends we were staying with took us to Red Rock Canyon. That was cool!!


The other highlight was that fiance and I went to Cirque du Soleil. My favorite performance in the whole entire world. In another life I would be one of those performers. I am so totally inspired by their physical ability. I often fantasize that if I ever lost my job I would run away and join them :)

My FIRST time ever gambling.  I plugged in $5.00 and played a few games. Won some, lost some. Then I closed out the night with 5 cents.  Woot woot.
Am back home now and 1 week away from my big ironman race. ohhh getting nervous!! 



2 comments:

  1. Wow. Just wow. I wanna be you when I grow up.

    The Cirque shows are great. The performers do stuff I didn't know was humanly possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to coming out ahead gambling. I'd love to see a Cirque show myself--I've watched all their videos. Red Rock Canyon looks like amazing country...and just reading about your workouts makes me tired.

    ReplyDelete