Friday, March 18, 2011

Friend Friday: In the Beginning

* my black and red outfit for friday!!


In the Beginning
Come join us on Fridays for Friend Friday!  Check out ModlyChic for more details!!

So far, what have been the 5 hardest blogging lessons you’ve learned during this process and have helped make you a better blogger as a result:

1. Have Balance
  • The world is not going to end if I don't post 7 days a week! :)
  • Late nights posting comments on other blogs means too tired for the pool in the morning
  • Take weekends off (is slow in blogger land on weekends anyway)

2.  Be Yourself
  • I am not a vogue model, I am Jodi model
  • My style is my style. Nuff said. Trying to be good enough, hot enough, colorful enough doesn't work if I am not try to myself.
  • Write your blog like you talk to your friends-- bloggers ARE you friends.. they ROCK
3.  Break out the Creativity
  • Try new stuff.. new outfit ideas, ways of taking your photos... guest bloggers, giveaways, etc, collaborate with other bloggers on projects
  • Stretch outside your box... I find my blog a creative outlet for outfits and photography and I am way more self expressed since starting my blog
4.  Share the Love
  • Tell people about your blog, why be embarrassed or shy? You are amazing and inspiring, you can make alot more difference for others if you let them know what you are up to!! 
  • Comment regularly on other blogs.. we all love hearing from each other.. its always such a heartfelt feeling when someone takes time to visit you.. share the love
5.  Have Fun
  • Goofy photos can let people know you are fun and real
  • Do something different.. enjoy what you do
*  I actually AM happy.. just look GROWWWL in this photo.!! LOL

15 comments:

  1. Loved all of your answers Jodi!
    I agree with them 100%
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking weekends off is a must for me too, too much blogging can be stressful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice. I have to remember these myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely learning the first one. I am going to try posting 5-6 days a week instead of 7. I know fresh content gets you more attention but I need to have a life!
    My Heart Blogged

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodi I absolutely LOVE what you said about writing your blog like you're talking to your friends...that's brilliant!!
    I also agree that the world isn't going to end if I don't post all the time...I came down with the flu this week...and it's weird not posting, but the worlds not ending...but my stomach might be..haha

    Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your answers model Jodi....you are right...we all need a real life, thats for sure:)

    I happen to love these pics of you...they are real and goreous!!

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Free People Giveaway!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good advice for sure. I need to remember those tips. And you look amazing in leopard!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is wonderful advice. Especially for a new blogger like myself. And I loved your black & red outfit week! Only 2 colours but each outfit is so different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your outfit, and love this line: I am not a vogue model, I am Jodi model

    You always make me so happy I stopped by, Jodi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too true Jodi. And on that note about late night commenting, I must log off now (12.30am and counting). Happy weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, thanks for dropping by my blog. I think that I will take up your advice and do a few fashion collages for my own blog.

    I'm your newest (and 161th) follower. Loving your growl picture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very wise words and beautiful outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just discovered your blog. I'm enjoying it.
    I like your lesson tips. Some of those I'm still learning...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way you match texture, pattern and colour! Ingenius.

    ReplyDelete