Saturday, September 18, 2010

Daily Outfit: Ripping Kale one Leaf at a Time



Happy Saturday.  I did a 3 hour ride with 2 friends who are training for Silverman which is an ironman distance triathlon in Nevada coming up.  Then off I went grocery shopping for some kale and other ingredients for this amazing Kale Salad that is sooo goood.  I am going to one of my training partners house for a girls dinner and a movie night (we are going to watch Sex and the City) tonight.  I love the odd time I get to go out since now that I have this blog its an excuse to dress up (gotta do it for the blog, right?). Tomorrow is a 2 hour run and then I get to take a  girlfriend shopping.  She called today to see if I could give her some suggestions for outfits so I can't wait.  I am totally excited and will take my camera and get some shots of her.
If you happen to be so inclined to break out and be healthy, the recipe for that salad is below.. I LOVE it.
Bye for now chicky-poo's, I've  got a salad to make!!

Emerald Kale Salad
Ingredients:
2 heads kale
1/4 cup olive oil
3 T. sesame oil
1/4 cup nama shoyu, soy sauce or tamari  ( I use Tamari)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup sesame seeds
Preparation:
Wash kale and break into bite size pieces. Place kale pieces into sealable container with both oils. Shake container HARD to bruise kale. Add tamari, garlic and sesame seeds. Shake a bit more and eat.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Lady:)
    You look smashing in those boots with sock dollie!!
    How cool your friend wants so me styling help...yayyy...take some pics...cant wait to see...I just got home from the BIGGEST F21 Ive been in yet...lol..dont EVEN wanna discuss the damage I did....hahaha

    Have a Fantastic Weekend!!!
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi How are you? I am new to Blogging but I think I have done allright so far. ;-)
    I am checking you out for Collette's Blog Reccomendation (which I follow & love - her blogs.) Great outfit for fall. Love the top & the boots.

    By the way you have a fun & modern haircut which I personally love but I am quite sure I couldn't pull it off. LOL

    Looking forward to staying in touch with you, Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Seems like your weekend is as busy as mine! Girls nights are so much fun!! Your top is beautiful, as well as your poses!

    And to answer your question I like to run, I take a boxing class, love water sports (so sad wakeboarding isn't year around), I lift weights and do other activities. Been ice skating alot lately. I was considering doing a fitness show next year. We'll see about that though. Can't imagine being at around 9% bodyfat.

    Hugs,
    http://achameleonscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the boots and socks with the short capris...is that what those are? Or would you call them denim shorts?? And...when I saw the photo I assumed you just got in from a ride on the horse. hee hee. You are getting so good at these self photo shots! Yay you!

    oh and ps..is this the kale salad you always eat? the one I asked you the recipe for? yum!

    ReplyDelete